Hogwarts
Welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! All First Years may click on the "Register" button to enroll into a new year in Hogwarts and all attending Students of Hogwarts may log in to procede into the Academy.
Hogwarts
Welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! All First Years may click on the "Register" button to enroll into a new year in Hogwarts and all attending Students of Hogwarts may log in to procede into the Academy.
Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts

Welcome to Hogwarts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Important Quidditch Announcement;Must be read by ALL team members

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dumbledore
Admin
Dumbledore

Important Quidditch Announcement;Must be read by ALL team members  Empty
PostSubject: Important Quidditch Announcement;Must be read by ALL team members    Important Quidditch Announcement;Must be read by ALL team members  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:55 am

After the first match of the season, I've noticed some things that need to be addressed. Most of this can be avoided by reading the rules, but will cover them here.

Time limits

Everything in Quidditch has a time limit. Once it has been posted that a Bludger has chosen a target, the Beaters have 6 hours to answer the question to save their teammate. Exceptions can be made if I am not online at the time and the Beater posted a bit late. Generally, if you are within a half-hour, I will let it slide unless it becomes consistent. Generally, the Quaffle doesn't have a time limit. The only time it will is when the Chaser shoots. The Chaser will have 6 hours to shoot. Then the Keeper will have 6 hours to post the answer to save the goal. Otherwise, the opposing team scores. There has been a change with the above rules concerning the Snitch. Now, once the Snitch has been released, it will remain out. If a Seeker finds it and answers incorrectly, the location will move.

Also, multiple people do not need to post the answers to the questions. If you see that someone has already posted the answer, it is unnecessary to do the same. The only time you may post if someone else already has is if you know for a fact that the answer is wrong.

Position specifics

Chaser/Keeper - You may only post if it is relevant to your position. If the question is to dodge/tackle, a Keeper would not be posting. Also, if the Quaffle question is to save, only the Keeper may answer. Otherwise, the positions run together.

Beater
- It is vital that the Beaters say who the Bludger is to be directed towards. Otherwise, you hit the Bludger away from its target but don't aim it to someone in particular. When this happens, your Bludger will take out someone at random, usually from your own team.

Seeker - Only a Seeker may PM the correct answer to the Snitch question to myself (the_belin). If they send it to the Captain, it is the Captain's duty to inform their Seeker that they need to send it to me. If the Seeker includes that they accidentally sent it to the Captain but had caught it, I will look into it.

General note

This hasn't been an issue yet, but please bear in mind that I am only human. I generally run Quidditch solo and can't always be on right away to update the match. I do have other responsibilities outside of the site, so please keep it in mind. I will always look at when things were posted to make sure everything is done fairly.

ALL members of a Quidditch team must reply to this thread letting me know that they have read them before the start of their next match. Otherwise, the player will not be allowed to play the games.
Back to top Go down
https://myhogwarts.yoo7.com

Important Quidditch Announcement;Must be read by ALL team members
Page 1 of 1